The Cured

2017

Drama / Horror / Sci-Fi

34
Rotten Tomatoes Critics - Certified Fresh 64%
Rotten Tomatoes Audience - Upright 77%
IMDb Rating 5.5 10 5,246

Synopsis


Downloaded 205,030 times
April 5, 2019

Director

Cast

Ellen Page as Sylvia Likens
Paula Malcomson as Bellman #4
Sam Keeley as Conor Harris
Stuart Graham as Raymond Lohan
720p.BLU 1080p.BLU 720p.WEB 1080p.WEB
817.08 MB
1280*720
English
R
23.976 fps
95 min
P/S N/A / N/A
1.53 GB
1920×1080
English
R
23.976 fps
95 min
P/S N/A / N/A
815.1 MB
1280*720
English
R
23.976 fps
95 min
P/S N/A / N/A
1.52 GB
1920×1080
English
R
23.976 fps
95 min
P/S N/A / N/A

Movie Reviews

Reviewed by Platypuschow 2 / 10 / 10

The Cured: Stop calling these things zombie films

I adore the zombie sub-genre, I've always had a real weakness for all things undead but it frustrates me when movies get released labelled as such when they blatantly aren't. This is such a movie, this is not zombies it's more of a 28 Days Later (2002) situation. Want an Irish zombie film? Watch Dead Meat (2004), watch Boy Eats Girl (2005), watch Portrait of a Zombie (2012) but one last time this in no way shape or form is a zombie film. Starring Ellen Page this Irish film tells the story of a world recovering from an outbreak of of virus that causes violence in its victims. 75% of those infected have now been cured while the remaining 25% are incarcerated while the government decides what to do with them. The movie is rife with social commentary of intolerance and bigotry against "The cured" and it rings true to current affairs. It makes for uncomfortable viewing in places for this reason and uncomfortable viewing in other places for a reason I can't quite put my finger on. As the credits rolled I felt very uneasy and hadn't liked what I witnessed. The idea is solid, the execution is a bland boring lifeless tale that didn't engage me at all. In the right hands I can imagine this being a very entertaining feature, but what we have here is as entertaining as an episode of Neighbors (1985-) played in reverse, upside down, in black & white with a watermark over the video of a wiener. The Good: Great idea Solid social commentary The Bad: Simply not very interesting Uncomfortable viewing

Reviewed by jrneptune 8 / 10 / 10

To call this a zombie movie is a disservice

I enjoyed watching this movie very much and I can easily see myself watching it multiple times. This is so much more than a zombie movie. To me it presented bigger questions about our own humanity and how we treat others. Even how some people who strive for power over others will manipulate and use others for their own goals. The director and the cast did a great job and I loved how some of the back stories behind the main actors were explained if you took the time to watch the movie.

Reviewed by troy-boulton 8 / 10 / 10

Zombie film with braaaains.

If you are looking for a purely mindless crimson-sprayed gangrenous brain-gorging splatter-fest, The Cured is almost guaranteed to bore you to tears. Not that it is lacking its share of gore and heart-pounding zombie-runs, but this film is focused on the social and interpersonal dimensions of a post-infection world, rather than running for your life and mashing Zombie brains in order to keep your own grey matter off the menu. As a well-crafted tale about "othering", and the directed and broader impacts of the alienation of one group by a "well meaning" majority, this film, possibly unintentionally, delivers an almost perfect analogy for the impact to the broader gay community of the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s and 90s. The film also maps successfully to the impact of demonising migrant, ethnic and religious groups (very possibly its intent, coming from Northern Ireland); take your resonant flavour of "othering" and insert here. A stark, brutal and effectively expository. If you want to cook up extremists, this film delivers the recipe... As an experimental vehicle for the fabulous Ellen Page, this film didn't get the exposure it deserved - Page once again proves both her versatility and her ability to believably breathe gritty appeal into the character she inhabits. The other key cast were equally compelling, save maybe for Paula Malcomson, who maybe didn't receive the best treatment from the production - she felt atypically undercooked as Dr Lyons. A must-see if you want some gore and splatter to go with a massage of your grey matter.

Read more IMDb reviews

0 Comments

Be the first to leave a comment